Saturday, April 7, 2007

Photo Sharing Sites-Flickr!

One of the best tools for a blog is a photo sharing site. I use several sites on my blogs. I also have one that I use as a photo blog, Flickr! Flickr! works very well with Blogger, my blog site of choice. If you have a Blogger site, it recognizes it and makes it easy to post. It also supports LiveJournal, WordPress, Vox, and several others.

Flickr! allows you to upload pictures one at a time through browsing your computer, or you can send a batch file if you have many pictures to send. Warning! I have not had any success using the batch file uploader.

Flickr! is a Google owned site, which reassures me that it will be around for a long time.

Word of Warning There are photos on the Flickr! site that are inappropriate for students. I recommend you use all photo sites as storage for your photos, not as places to browse.

No comments: